ONGOING INTENSIVE SCENE
Both daytime and evening classes available. Class size is limited. Every student works every class. New students are admitted by interview only and auditing is not permitted to preserve the non-judgmental atmosphere of the studio.
ONGOING PRIVATE STUDY
(Optional On-Camera Work)
Hour, forty-five minute and half-hour sessions available, weekly or bi-weekly. Students primarily work on film and television scripts. Rates vary.
Students bring their material. In this situation, Joe works with actors in a more directorial way than in class or private study (where the focus is on actors becoming self-sufficient).
ACTING FOR DIRECTORS
Private study, class study and practical directing work with students.
LEARN TO EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE WITH ACTORS
Drawing from a trusted pool of actors, Joe provides directors practical, “on-your-feet” opportunities to effectively collaborate with professional actors. Recommended exercises may include:
• Script and/or overall project analysis.
• Learning to replace result-oriented direction (be happier/say it faster/etc) with suggestions and questions that evoke true emotion and reaction.
• Conducting mock casting sessions to practice giving clear direction when time is limited and results need to happen quickly.
• Conducting mock rehearsals to give the director a chance to take more time and work on expanding an actor’s performance.
• Project-specific consultations to discuss story and character in order to give the director focus and confidence going into producer meetings or casting sessions.
• On-set consulting available by request, schedule permitting.